Headwaters Collective is a New York-based public relations consulting firm focused on outdoor adventure and active lifestyle brands.
With nearly a decade of experience in editorial at national magazines, websites and apps, we've worked with thousands of public relations professionals from the media side of things. We've also spearheaded public relations for some of America's oldest and largest outdoor brands. We know what works and what doesn't. Our authentic approach to PR includes everything from leveraging close relationships with key editors and writers who know and trust our ideas to creating annual strategies based on in-house editorial experience to crafting and executing successful press events out in the field. Our goal? Nurture organic relationships with target influencers over s'mores and cowboy coffee to create dynamic, meaningful experiences that ignite a passion for and make lasting impressions of your brand.
Our priority: secure placement in the media for your brand with your goals in mind.
- Connect your brand with stalwart newspaper reporters, glossy magazine editors, digital media mavens, TV executives and other influential media
- Consult on the assets you need to create a comprehensive press kit
- Strategize to create an effective annual public relations plan
- Consult on story angles, craft press releases, and get 'em out there
- Hand-curate experiential PR events—from parties to outdoor adventures—down to the last detail
- Coordinate product samples and seeding programs
- Support your brand at trade shows and press tours
- Deliver timely and effective reporting to showcase the success of our campaigns
About Headwaters Collective
Headwaters Collective was founded by Ali Carr Troxell.
Ali lives in the Catskill Mountains of New York with her husband, toddler and her two dogs. She's close enough to Manhattan to maintain key relationships with influential media, yet just far enough away to have trails out the back door. Ali has been an outdoor gear expert and adventure travel writer for the last decade as an editor at Outside magazine and a freelance writer for Men's Journal, Gear Patrol, Sunset, REI.com, ESPN, Travel + Leisure and more.
She has helped PR clients earn impactful awards, launched numerous successful Kickstarter campaigns with start-up brands, facilitated growth-boosting partnerships and landed her clients placement in noteworthy publications like Forbes and Vogue and on television shows such as Today.